Thursday, September 5, 2013

Moi Moi (oven baked)

On labor day, I went to my in-laws place and was challenged and given the task to make Moi Moi. This came about when I was bragging about the Akara that I made using the "Beans Flour". I bet them that I could make Moi Moi using the same Beans Flour. FYI, I have never made Moi Moi before but I wasn't about to let them know. So of course when in doubt the next best thing to do is to call Mom, she gave me the step by step of how to make it. Lets just say that the Moi Moi came out so good, that I was not able to take any home because it was all gone. They were very proud and I was happy.  This recipe is a lot different from the normal long process of making Moi Moi and is definitely worth a try.  This recipe does not require a lot of man power but rather requires a lot of relaxation. 


Ingredients

3 Beans Flour
1 Cup canola Oil
2 Cup warm water
4 gloves of garlic
1 red Onions
1 know cube
1 Tin Corn Beef
2 bonnet pepper
6 dried bell pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

What to do
Step 1: Gather all your Ingredients
Step 2: Blend your onion, garlic, pepper, know cube and red pepper and pour in a bowl, add oil and water
Step 3: Add your bean flour and mix until it becomes a paste without no clumps
add salt and pepper, taste
Step 4: Open corn beef and put in a bowl
Step 5: Grease the base and side of your foil pan and pour your Moi Moi mix into it
Step 6: Sprinkle your corn beef on your mix, pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees
Step 7: Cover with a foil and put in over, bake for about 1 and 1/2 hours, while in the oven, relax, put your leg up, read a book, watch TV..etc
Step 8: After an hour check the Moi Moi and see if ready. Bake for another 30 minutes, remove from the oven and allow it to cool down.
Step 9: Serve and enjoy


11 comments:

  1. this looks amazing uche! do you get the bean flour from the african store? -kunbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kunbi, you can get the beans flour from the African market. The brand that I have seen and used is "MiMi". Let me know how it turns out!!

      Delete
  2. I may have to try this one. I'm with Kunbi on where to get the bean flour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oven baked? That's a new dimension. Keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete