Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Spaghetti with Sardine




Yesterday, Sept 10, 2013 was hubby(love you) and I three years anniversary since we became official. It also happened to be one of my long days at work but not with standing, it was still our anniversary and I had to make something special. I really had no energy to cook being that I worked through lunch but it was still our special day. So I'm here thinking, what to do? What is the quickest meal to make that doesn't require too much energy and little time? Spaghetti with Sardines was the answer. My week has been so busy that I didn't realize that I was out of some key Ingredients (onions). But you always have to improvise. At the end of the day, the food took about 15 minutes, it was good and  hubby was happy. The best foods are the ones you make without much ingredients. Try this recipe and I promise you that this will always be your go to meal when you are tired and also trying to impress and be fancy.



Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
2 plum tomatoes (from my dad's garden)
Spaghetti
3 small sweet pepper
1 Titus Sardine
Kale (depends on how much you want)
Salt
Red Pepper
Garlic Salt
What to do

Step 1: Gather all your ingredients

Step 2: Put 3 cups of water in pot, add 1 tsp of salt and let boil

Once water boils, add Spaghetti ( I found that boiling the water first, makes the spaghetti not too  sticky or soft)


Step 3:  Cut up tomatoes and sweet pepper

Step 4: In a sauce pan, add 2 tsp of olive oil, add tomatoes and sweet pepper and let cook for a min

Step 5: Add sardine and let cook for 2 mins, add salt and pepper to taste



Step 6: Add a cup of water, let boil for a a minute and then add Kale( it gives it a little color)
Let it cook for 5 mins, taste and see what it needs, add you garlic salt

Step 6: Put cooked Spaghetti in the sauce pan and mix

Step 7: Let cook for 5 minutes and stir 

Step 8: Serve and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment