Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Okra Soup




Today is a special and beautiful day!!! We welcomed the newest and the most handsome baby to join our growing family. I'm officially the newest Auntie in town to " Jonathan Chimeremeze Madubike". This blog is dedicated to welcome you and to let you know that you are very loved. Please Help me to say a big Congrats to my Big sister Daugo and Big Brother Justice on there new Baby Boy!!!
The recipe for today is for making Okra soup. Okra Soup happens to be one of my favorites soup and the easiest soup to make. My sisters have been asking when i will upload a soup recipe. Well today being a special day, I decided to make Okra soup. Trust me this soup is very easy to make, tasty and also good for vegetarian(take out the goat meat) and also helps with your digestive system. Check out the recipe below:





Ingredients

Okra
1 Bag of Spinach
12 Pieces of Goat Meat
2 Piece of Stock Fish
2 Baked Blue Fish (you can use any fish)
1 Onions
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
3 Chile Pepper
Ground Ogbono (handful)
Salt and Pepper
1 Know Cube
What to do

Step 1: Put your goat meat and stock fish in a pot and cook until soft(about 20 minutes), add salt and pepper to taste. I usually pre-soak my stock fish for a few hours before cooking it. it makes it easier to cook and reduces the smell.
Step 2: While the goat meat and stock fish are boiling, Gather and cut up your ingredients; Onions, Fish, Okra and Spinach. (the Okra and Spinach came straight from my Dad's garden)

Step 3: Cut up your red pepper and blend with chili pepper

Step 4: Add your onions and fish to the boiling pot and mix together and let boil for 3 minutes


Step 5: Add your blended red pepper mix (I use this in place of palm oil) and let boil for 2 minutes. Add you Know cube and taste.

Step 6: Add Okra and Mix

Step 6: Add a handful of ground ogbona and let boil for 2 minutes ( I like the okra a little hard not too soft)

Step 7: Add your spinach and let cook for a few minutes. Taste and see if it needs salt or pepper.

Step 8:Serve and enjoy


6 comments:

  1. Nice one. I am salivating already. You didn't specify the type of oil to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I use the blended red bell pepper mix in place of oil. It gives it a little color.

      Delete
  2. uche....that baked fish caught my eye...pls tell me that is not my share of aunty's fish you're using *serious sideeye*....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister, I'm guilty as charged!!! But I do have some leftover fish in the freezer. I will put your name on it!!!

      Delete
    2. Don't think ive forgotten about my fish o, I'll be in church this Sabbath to collect it!! :)

      Delete