Friday, November 8, 2013

Asun (Spicy Goat Meat)

 
TGIF, I look forward to friday every week. In honor of Friday, I made a recipe everyone can try out this weekend. Whether you are planning to habe people over or hanging out with friends, this recipe is sure to put everyone in a good mood. Asun is a snack that I enjoy once in awhile. Hubby usually get it for me occasionaly on Fridays from this Nigerian restaurant and I will always tell myself that I will try and make it one day. I came back from work and I decided to try it out, believe me it was a great. I guess theNigerian restaurant has lost a consumer. Check out the reciepe below and let me know what you think!!!

 
Ingredients
 
Goat meat (cut in pepper soup size )
1 onions
2 Fresh tomatoes
1/2 Red bell pepper
1/2 Yellow bell Pepper
1 bonnet pepper
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Curry
3 tsp of Red hot pepper
Ginger
 
What to do
 
 
Step 1: Boil your goat meat for 25 mins or until soft adding salt, curry and hot red pepper
Step 2: While goat meat is cooking, cut your onions, bell pepper, bonnet and tomatoes and set aside

 
 
Step 3: Once your meat is done, put 2 tsp of olive oil on a Wok and put your meat, stir fry for 6 minutes (Medium heat)
 
Step 4: Add cut up onions, bell pepper and tomatoes, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes

Step 5: Taste and see if it needs additional salt, add 2 tsp of hot pepper or much as you can handle, then let cool and serve.

 

1 comment: