Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chicken Sautee




Having a newborn makes you learn how to use and spend your free time wisely. I have been trying to find a balance between work, a new baby, a husband and trying to get my body back. I realized it's not easy but it can be done. When i'm at home I try to make quick meals while the baby is sleeping, if not, then I would not have the opportunity to eat. Lately, I have been in the mood for chicken and since am trying to get my body back, I needed to find a healthy alternative. So here is what I came up with:

Ingredients

4 chicken thighs
3 plum tomatoes
2 red bell peppers
1 bonnet pepper
1 red onion
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
½ tsp of curry powder
¼ cup of corn oil
½ cup of water

What to do

1.  Gather your ingredients



2.  Cook your chicken for 20 minutes, and set aside. (To cook the chicken you need to wash and put it in a pot, add water, 1 tsp of salt, curry and Italian seasoning and leave to cook for 20 minutes. I do cook my chicken first because I don’t want to see any blood on it and I feel that it kills any bacteria in the chicken)




3. Cut your tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper and bonnet pepper




  
4. Once the chicken is done, in a sauté pan heat your oil for 2 minutes




5. Add cooked chicken; cook each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown






6. Add onion and let it cook for one minute




7. Add red bell pepper,tomatoes and then bonnet pepper and let it cook for 2 minutes






8. Add salt, Italian seasoning, curry powder and water. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes


9. Taste and see if it needs any additional seasonings then let cook. It will become a paste. Turn off your gas, let it cool and then serve.





You can eat the chicken Sautee with rice, bread or anything. I ate mine with spaghetti and it was delicious. I also took it to work for lunch. One thing about this recipe is that you can add spinach, kale or any vegetable you like. I usually use kale but could substitute with vegetables and put it up. Hope you will try and enjoy this recipe like I did. Please let me know how it turns out once you try it.







No comments:

Post a Comment