Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ofada Stew






During my pregnancy I had cravings for Ofada stew, is this peppery stew that is so good but so spicy. my husband spent a lot of money buying this stew because he cant stop a pregnant woman craving. After giving birth I totally forgot about the stew until we attended a family friends Christmas party were she made Ofada stew. After that day I took it upon myself to learn how to make this yummy addicting stew. I did some research and watched some YouTube videos and finally figured out how to make it. My method was a little different from how people made it, some people used palm oil and crayfish. I just used olive oil no crayfish. Other suggested to use chile pepper but I used green bell pepper, at the end of the day, I got the same result and hubby especially approved. If you have read my previous post you will understand why I did the substitute. I'm on the healthy part of trying to go back to my per-pregnancy weight. This stew is not something you eat everyday  because this stew is so good that you can eat a whole pot of white rice without even knowing it. Try it and let me know how it turned out. The process is easy but a little time consuming.  Try it on your day off.



Ingredients
Cooked assorted meat(Tripe, goat meat and cow skin)
6 green Bell pepper
1 scotch pepper
2 onions
1 cup of olive oil
2 knor cube
locatus beans
2 garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

What to Do
1. Gather all your ingredients

2. Cook your Meat, using salt, pepper, parsley and onions

3. While the meat is cooking, blend green peppers, scotch pepper, garlic, onions and knor cube in a blender. add a little water to aid in your blending.



4. Once you are done, put 1 cup of olive oil in a pot  and let stand for 2 minutes or until it looks a little like water.

5. Add the blended mixture in the pot and cover. now the waiting game begins


6. Cook it until the water evaporates and it turning to a little brown, then add your locust beans, cover and let cook for another 5 minutes. taste and see if it needs salt.



7. Add your cooked assorted meat and mix everything together and then turn off the heat.

8. Don't serve immediately, just leave it to sit for 5 minutes so all the ingredients will come together.

9.  Serve and enjoy.

Caution: Be careful the stew is very addicting and can cause you to eat a whole pot of rice.
 It goes well with Ofada rice, white rice, jollof rice, plantain, bread and anything else you can eat with stew.

2 comments: