Sunday, January 11, 2015

Brown Rice Salad




Let me start by saying that I Love Rice( fried rice, jollef rice, white rice and stew) but my love for rice has affected my waist line. So still am on the part to weigh loss, I have been experimenting and finding some yummy food in the process. I am reducing my rice intake staying aware from carbs but being nigerian you know we love our rice. so I decided that instead of giving up rice completely maybe I would try brown rice. Trust me this recipe will make you start to eat brown rice. At the end if done correctly, it should taste a little bit like chipotle brown rice burrito.

Ingredients

3 cup of brown rice
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1/2 red onions
green onions
2 garlic gloves
1/2 bell pepper
2 fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon olive oil

What to do

1. Gather all your ingredients


2. Cook your rice, while the rice is cooking, cut your tomatoes, onions, garlic, green onions. Wash your corn and beans and set aside.
 

 

3.In a sauce pan add your olive oil

 
4. Add your corn and let fry for about a minute, this gives it a little smoky taste. add your onions, red bell pepper, tomatoes  and lime juice and sauté for 2 minutes.
 
 
5. Add black beans, brown rice and cilantro and mix together, let cook for a few minutes while still mixing together. you can add a little water so it wouldn't stick to the pot.
 
 

 
 
 
6. Add spinach
 
7. Add salt and pepper and you are done!!
 
Serve and enjoy.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment