Sunday, January 18, 2015

Egusi Soup


Egusi soup is by far one of my favorite soup to eat. I make my soup a little different from the usual way but I achieve the same results. My way is usually easy, fast and yummy!!! If you have been following my blog you would know that I am not a fan of palm oil, so I usually find substitutes when a dish requires it. Using tomato sauce gives you the same taste that palm oil will give to your food.  Try this recipe and let me know if you actually notice any difference. This recipe is dedicated to a devoted reader Megan, she actually asked me to post this recipe. Megan this is for you!!!! If any of you have a recipe request please let me know and I will put it up.




Ingredients
1 cup of Egusi
Goat meat and Tripe ( you can add stockfish, fish..etc)
1 Onion
1 Hunt Tomato Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tsp of olive oil
Spinach or any vegetable of your choice
1 Scotch pepper

What to do
1. Gather your ingredients

2. Cook your meat, adding salt, pepper and 1/2 onion. use about 3 cups of water to cook the meat, it serves as your water for your soup.


3. In another pot add olive oil, the reminding 1/2 onion, egusi and tomato sauce, stirring as you put each ingredient. This method is called frying your egusi.




4.Add egusi to the meat, let cook for 10 minutes. add salt and pepper to taste


5. Add vegetable, I used spinach and ukazi because I didnt have enough spinach. Mix together and let cook for an additional 5 minutes. Taste to see if you need any additional spices.

6. Serve and enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment