Friday, August 16, 2013

Snack for work-Buns


I was at work today wishing that I had a snack to eat. Then I started thinking about childhood when in primary school we use to eat buns and puff puff for snacks. I actually went over to my boss who happens to be Nigerian and will be the only person at work that would understand my craving and explained  to her that I wanted Buns. She laughed and told me a place  I could buy it but I told her that I will rather make it and will bring her some tomorrow. Below is my attempt at making Buns, it came out very delicious. I have some leftover in case you want some. Try it and let me know how it turns out, is very easy to make.




Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
5 tsp of sugar
2 eggs
6-7 tsp of water
6 cups of Canola oil for frying


What to do

Step 1: Gather all your Ingredients

Step 2: Add flour to a bowl

Step 3: Add salt and baking powder to the flour

Step 4: Mix the baking powder and salt, then add sugar

Step 5: Mix Sugar then add water

Step 6: Mix water into the flour

Step 7: Add egg, and start preheating your oil at this time

Step 8: Using your tablespoon to mix the egg to the flour, keep working on it until it looks like the third picture. If it feels too thick, add a tsp of water, if too thin add a sprinkle of flour.






Step 9: The end result should be thick and a little stretchy

Step 10: Check and see if oil is hot, then use tsp to scoop the mixture into the oil-use medium heat so it wouldn't burn.

Step 11: Fry for 2 minutes on each side and until golden brown

Step 12: Once done, transfer Buns to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil

Step 13: Let it cool and enjoy!!!!

Bonus

If you use high heat when frying it will come out like this:

But with medium heat, it looks very pretty and tastes good:
Enjoy!!!

7 comments: